Thursday, May 13, 2010

If you never try, you'll never know...

About a year ago I signed up for the online dating site OkCupid.com and about 3 months ago I signed up for eHarmony.com, and I have had zero luck with both websites. I was pretty bummed about it, especially considering a really good friend of mine met her husband on eHarmony and I know a few people who have at the very least scored a couple dates off of both websites, but the more I think about, the more it makes sense. My type of guy is not on those websites. If there is someone out there who is perfect for me, my other half, my soul mate, they are not online looking for love, in fact, they are probably at a local band's show instead.

So I'm throwing in the online dating towel, I tried it and now I know, it's not for me. I would rather get rejected the old fashioned way...in real life. ;-)

1 comment:

eHarmony_jack said...

I'm really sorry you didn't have the success that your friend and her husband had on our site.

You may be right that you're type of guy may not be someone who would join eHarmony, but I'd hate for you to come to that conclusion too soon.

On average, our successful members were on the site between 3 and 6 months before they received their special match and, during that time, some of these members also doubted that we'd find them their perfect partner.

If you're subscription hasn't expired, I encourage you to reach out to Customer Care with your concerns so we can help you make the most of your remaining time: http://help-singles.eharmony.com/.

Also, I'd be happy to help in any way I can, and you can find me on Twitter @eHarmony_jack.

But if you do decide to leave eHarmony, please know that you are always welcome to return, and I encourage you to reach out to us for support when you do.

No matter what your ultimate decision regarding eHarmony, I wish you all the best with your search for a guy who is really right for you.

Jack